Tuesday 23 November 2010

RTA information

  • RTA stands for "Reply To All" which means you'll be replying to a whole group rather than 1-to-1

  • the group has around 13 people in it and we're friends

  • you can expect and receive a lot of email in your inbox, it varies depending on how active it is. sometimes it can be up to 100 a week, or more. you are not required to reply to all of it, because that's just silly. by all means, you can! but i don't think it's possible, because of what applies to you & you have a comment for, and the time you have, etc.
  • imagine pen palling but over email, that's like an RTA :)

  • you will be "filtering" your email box, e.g you must have time to go through it and delete the emails you don't want to reply to and reply to the ones you like

  • please have the time for this, as well as the time to send email. it isn't difficult, all of us have lives and we still manage it as a hobbie.

  • it takes the whole group to make an RTA active so please try and make the effort to talk to people. if you are a good people-person, like to make conversations and are generally outgoing (although if you're the opposite, most people are outgoing online away) this may help.
  • you will be meeting people from all over the world, but unfortunately we only speak English.
  • we are willing to open up and be personal, like any sort of friends would. we expect the same from you :)
  • there will be fun things to do that i send out, questions, discussions, picture spams, inspirations and all sorts of other things but remember to send your own! :)
  • no drama, arguments, etc. if you have a problem with someone, reply and sort it out, don't bring it into the whole RTA
  • most of all, we look forward to meeting you & hope you enjoy the rta if you join!

5 comments:

  1. I would be interested in this. How do I sign up? I am 21, fourth year college student. I'm not sure what else you'd like to know, but feel free to ask!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also interested in this idea! I'm a 25-year-old college senior, ER worker, and a reluctant runner. How do I sign up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me as well! 28, full time worker, plenty of time to write and read emails between phone calls at work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too, I m interested! I m Chara, 18-going-on-19, freshman in University, female, from Greece. What do I do now?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Livejournal account hasn't been touched for a long time, hahah, so I'm anonymous...but I am interested! Wondering if there is an age minimum? I'm 15. My name's Selina and I live in Australia.

    Please email me with whatever the answer is (: selna_loves_kyli@hotmail.com.au

    ReplyDelete